Alright, so you have food grade plastic buckets or containers that you once used to store food or brine it in. You would like to use the same container to store other types of food, but you can't get rid of the smell or the stain that stays there. What should you do? Throw the container away?
No, that should be the last thing you should ever do. The best thing is to reuse any plastic containers you have as long as they can still be reused.
Now, to get rid of the persistent odors and stains in your buckets read the following steps carefully and apply them to your containers.
1. Wash the container with dish soap water solution and rinse it well.
2. Fill the container with warm water and pour a cup of baking soda. Mix the solution.
3. Close the container with the lid and place it outside under the sun for several days.
4. Empty the container and rinse it.
5. Make a solution containing 1 cup of bleach and 5 gallons of water. It is important that you use bleach that doesn't have added scent. Don't mix it with ammonia either.
6. Pour the solution in the container, close the lid and leave it in the sun for several days again.
7. Rinse and wash the container with the dishwashing liquid.
8. Air dry it.
Labels: 5 gallon bucket, 5 gallon buckets, food grade, plastic container, plastic containers
by: Baytec Containers