As we promised, today we are going to discuss about hydroponic gardening system and how to apply it at home in a low-cost way.
What you need to have:
- 5 gallon square bucket (you can use the round bucket, but square pails are more efficient in hydroponic gardening since it saves space and you can put more pots). You can also choose a smaller or bigger bucket. Just suit it with your needs. The bucket will serve as the reservoir.
- Utility knife
- Some net pots, to place the baby plants
- Air pump, to give enough oxygen to the water system
- Air stone
- Air line
- Pea gravel
What you need to do:
- Measure the inside of the bucket and take a note on the dimension.
- Draw the shape of the bucket with the said dimension (but ¼ inch smaller) on the Styrofoam and cut it. The Styrofoam should fit the inside of the bucket and should be able to sink as well to indicate the level of water in the reservoir.
- Decide how many net pots can fit the Styrofoam and the bucket. This depends on the size of your bucket and your net pots.
- Trace around the bottom of the net pots with a pen so that it draws (likely circle) shapes on the Styrofoam.
- Cut the circles with a knife.
- Make a small circle somewhere on the Styrofoam for the air line to get through.
- Connect the airline with the air stone on one end and the air pump on the other.
- Place the net pots through the holes of the Styrofoam.
- Fill the bucket with water+nutrient solution. It's very important that you choose good nutrient system that has macro nutrients that the plants will need to grow.
- Place one baby plant inside each net pot and fill it in with pea gravel so that the plant gets to stand steadily.
- Place the Styrofoam that has net pots attached to it and the air line going through the small hole you just make earlier.
- Place the hydroponic system where it gets ample amount of sunlight.
- Turn on the pump.
You will see the result that your plants are going rapidly in only just a week.
Labels: square bucket, square buckets, square container, square containers, square pail, square pails
by: Baytec Containers