We all know that plastic is hard to break naturally. However, there are so many different types of plastic that require different amount of time to degrade. The following contains an information about some plastic items in daily life and how long it takes to naturally break down.
- One plastic bottle takes approximately 450 years to decompose.
- A household takes about 300 plastic bags home every year, and it takes about 500 years for them to break down.
- A plastic cup takes 50-80 years to decay.
- Disposable diaper takes 75 years.
- Styrofoam can't be decomposed.
- Plastic container takes 50-80 years to decay.
- Plastic film canister takes 20-30 years.
- Foamed plastic buoy spends 80 years in the landfill before completely degrading.
With the kind of statistics above, we have no other alternative than to recycle plastic goods we use. Reduce
the use of plastic; Reuse
the ones you have already bought and owned; and Recycle
when you can't reuse them anymore.
Plastic doesn't have to be banned completely if we can be responsible when using it. Overusing plastic will only waste our irreplaceable source of oil. Too much plastic will also lead to unhealthy environment, food consumption and death of some animals. So let us all recycle for the better lives of all living things.
Labels: plastic bottles, plastic container, plastic containers, plastic food boxes, recycle
by: Baytec Containers