Did you know that....
- In 1976, an average American had 1.6 gallon of bottled water in a year. 30 years later in 2006, one person consumed just over 28 gallons per year.
- That means 167 bottles of water were consumed by each person in the year of 2006.
- From that consumption, only an average of 38 bottles were recycled per person. That is about merely 23 percent of the whole bottled water consumption.
Did you also know that....
- 5 plastic bottles could be recycled into Polyester T-Shirt, like this one.
- 25 recycled plastic soda bottles could be recycled into one fleece jacket.
- 35 plastic bottles could be made into a sleeping bag or 1-square yard of polyester carpet.
So what about recycling more
and drinking less bottled water
? That should do everyone a huge favor in the future.
by: Baytec Containers