Don't you long for sweet lovely fresh carrots during winter like this? Well, there is a way how you can keep them fresh just before winter in a 55 gallon drum. Here is how, as Chriss Stutzman from Navarre Ohio shared with motherearthnews.
- Cut the bottom of a 55 gallon barrel.
- Dig a hole only big enough to contain the barrel.
- Fill the drum with your best carrots.
- Close the lid.
- Cover the surface with thick layer of leaves to avoid freezing.
- When you need the carrots, simply remove the layer of straws, open the lid and enjoy the carrots.
Such a marvellous idea!
Labels: 55 gallon barrels, 55 gallon drums, DIY
by: Baytec Containers