- First and foremost, empty the bucket completely from any sticking dust, debris or whatever visible dirt you see on it.
- Secondly, spurt some dishwashing detergent to the bottom of the bucket and mix it with some hot water.
- Scrub thoroughly the surface of the pail both inside and outside.
- Empty the bucket and rinse it with warm water to get rid of the soap residues.
- Once looking clean, fill it in with hot water and stir in a cup of baking soda.
- Close the lid and leave it under the sun for 48 hours.
- When it is time, empty the pail once again and fill warm water in.
- Have 2 cups of chlorine bleach ready and pour it into the water and stir well.
- Put it back under the sun for another 48 hours.
- Empty and rinse the bucket and lid and put it under the sun again to dry.
This time, your 5 gallon bucket is clean and ready for its next use, either at home or at the office.
You don't have any 5 gallon pails yet? Have one ordered now here.