|Stainless Steel Barrels|
Although stainless steel is more corrosive resistant than any other type of metal, drums made from stainless steel work their best when they are regularly cleaned. It is not hard to clean a stainless steel drum, but it sure needs to get done properly to prevent any built-up dirt or soot on it.
What you need to prepare are:
- - A soft cloth
- - Solution of non-chloride detergent and water
- - De-greaser solution
- - 5 gallon bucket
- - Sponge
- - Stainless steel cleaner and polish
- - Gloves
- - Scouring pad
Here are the step-by-step instructions to clean your stainless steel drums:
- Put on your gloves.
- Make a solution of detergent and warm water in the 5 gallon bucket.
- Wet the sponge with the detergent solution and wipe it onto the drum’s surface making your way from the inside of the drum to the outside. If the drum has a polished finish, wipe it in the polish lines direction so that the detergent does not scratch the polish.
- Rinse the drum from the detergent solution with warm water.
- Using a de-greaser solution and scouring pad, wipe the oily spots clean.
- Rinse again using warm water until you have no trace of the de-greaser solution.
- Wipe dry the drum with the soft cloth.
- Using the same soft cloth, polish the drum with stainless steel cleaner going from the inside to the outside.
Your stainless steel drums are now good to use again. Remember to do this frequently and the anti corrotion function will work well for a long time.